Monday, June 13, 2011

Anxiously Awaiting...

It is so nice to wake up to a clean and organized house!  I am loving this!  :)  Ryan and I are going to tackle the extra bedroom tomorrow, I am hoping to get that all cleaned out by Thursday!  It's been a really hard few weeks with moving and working everyday.  Ryan and I have been working opposite schedules and it really is not fun.  I absolutely hate it!  lol  It's hard to make dinner plans too when Ryan works every night.

I am anxiously waiting for our trip to California in July.  It is definitely a much needed vacation!  I know some people could care less if they went to California, but I love it there!  Ryan and I are determined to live there someday.  haha I think I am even more excited to go on a road trip with my hubby!  We haven't gone on one yet, and I seriously can't wait!  And did I mention we are going to Disney Land?!  I LOVE Disney Land!  Ryan is pretty excited to go too, because he hasn't been since he was about 10 or so.  I am definitely going to be taking lots and lots of pictures on this trip!  We are leaving July 15th and coming back July 24th!  9 days!



 I am dying to go!  I cannot wait!
 This is our actual vacation resort we are staying at!  The beach is like RIGHT THERE!  Isn't it gorgeous?

  As many of you know, Ryan is currently writing a book!  He has over 40,000 words and a novel is around 60 to 70 thousand.  So he is over half way there!  His goal is to have it completed by June 30th.  He will be entering it into a writing contest for a chance to win $1000.00!  Woo!  After the contest he will be publishing it for the Kindle and Nook.  I am seriously so proud of him, he really is such a talented writer it's amazing!  I am not a book reader, but I was so into his book that I totally forgot it was him that wrote it.  haha His dream job would be to write books like J.K. Rowling.  I have no doubt he has the potential to be a big writer one day!  I am so excited to see him publish his book this summer.  :D

This is one of Ryan's book covers he made on photoshop. haha He is writing a couple books right now.  The book he is going to publish this summer is called The Lost Princess: The Wishing Star Chronicles.  Doesn't he just seem like a writer?  I mean I could see him as a writer or a dentist.  Either way I will support him! 

Now for myself, I am currently trying to build up my makeup portfolio.  I hit highs and lows with it. haha  So far my makeup blog is doing fairly well for only being up for a couple months.  Right now I am a little discouraged with it, because in Utah it's hard to get started (I think) as a freelance makeup artist.  Especially since most of my friends and family would like me to do their makeup for free all the time. haha :)  The problem with giving HUGE discounts is, if I don't charge enough I can't replenish my makeup.  And boy is makeup expensive!  So I have been having a battle with myself on how to do my prices.  I really want to go to a design school in California and start building my portfolio there.  So we will see what happens!  In the mean time I will be building my portfolio on my own.

A lot of you may know also that I love art/crafts/scrap booking.  I have been following TONS of blogs and I am thinking about possibly starting my own business doing crafts and stuff in the near future.  I would love to be self employed!  I have posted all my favorite blogs on the side, and they have some of the cutest ideas I have ever seen!  So check them out if you love crafts/cooking/anything fun!  

We love our new place and our Landlords!  I am anxiously awaiting to share some good news with everyone...but have to wait right now {and no I am not pregnant}.  So hopefully by the end of this week I can tell everyone!  haha Now I got you all wondering what it is right? Thanks for following our cute little blog!  I am working on finding the right background for our blog, so just bare with me until I get it where I want it.  haha There are so many cute ideas I just don't know which one I want for our background!

So I guess we will see what fun plans are in store for us in the coming months! 

Love, The Hansen's

2 comments: