I have had a lot to think about the past couple weeks. It amazes me how fast time flies, and how important it is to live everyday to it's fullest. Ryan and I have gone through our fair share of trials lately. Even though trials are so hard, I always seem to look at what is being taught from that trial. Maybe it's because I know that my Heavenly Father will never abandon me, He wants me to succeed. I strongly believe trials are there to help you become a better and stronger person. Without trials...we would be lost. I realized something though the other day...I think we create our own trials at times. Times when we forget to put the Gospel first. When worldly things start to consume your life, and you forget what's truly important.
What I do know is I love my Heavenly Father. I love my Savior and I am so grateful for what he did for each and everyone of us. I love my dear husband, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to be with him for eternity. I love my family, they mean the world to me! This is what I am here on earth for. To grow closer to not only God and my Savior, but to my family. Families are forever...Do we sometimes forget the meaning of that? I really have been thinking about what is truly important in life. If I died tomorrow, will I feel accomplished?
Something hit me the other day though. Life isn't about what car you drive, how big your house is, who has the better career, who has the bigger diamond ring, who is the better looking, etc... It's about returning to your Father in Heaven. It's about loving everyone and doing the things that will carry on in the next life. It isn't about things or possessions. We can't take worldly things to heaven, we can only take our experiences, our love, our hope, our desire, our passion, our families.
With Ryan in school and with me trying to start my makeup career, I have been thinking a lot about what my purpose on earth is. I have many times felt discouraged, upset, hurt, confused, excited, overwhelmed... just thinking about what I need to do while I am here on earth. I realized that I don't need to be someone famous or amazing to make a difference in the world. The people I want to influence the most are the people closest to me, my family and friends. Especially my future children! I want them to realize that you can have a fairytale without worldly things. As silly as that may sound, I think it's important for people to realize that we can have a fairytale without having the best of everything worldly-wise.
When I was a little girl I use to pray for my future husband. haha I know cute right? I told Ryan about this and he laughed but thought it was super cute. I just picture my 6 year old self praying to heavenly father many times that my future husband would be safe and that he knows I love him. I can't help but smile thinking back to a time when fairytale's meant the world to me. All I wanted was TONS of kids, a handsome prince charming, live in a big castle in a far away land...and of course live happily ever after. Now I know my fairytale is coming true, I found my Prince, the children aren't here yet... (and won't be for a couple more years haha) and I was sealed to my prince for time and all eternity. And one day I will be able to live in a big castle with all my family and live happily forever after. The thing with fairytale's are, every prince and princess you read about goes through some trial before they live happily forever after. But that's what makes them so amazing! You see them become the person they are suppose to be, and then they get their fairytale.
People always say they wish their life was like a fairytale, the truth is it is! We are just in the trial stage, but once we die and return to our father in heaven we will get our fairytale. It doesn't mean life here on earth is bad, because it is not. It's time for us to learn and grow. This is the time that will shape and mold us into the amazing person we are to become. It doesn't matter who accomplishes the most, who has the biggest home, or who has the nicest things. What matters is what you did here on earth, and who you become. Did you give into what the world expects you to be? Or did you become what your Father in heaven knows you can be?
I just felt like I needed to share this with the people I know and love. This gospel is truly so amazing! I love it so much! I don't know where I would be without it in my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment