"When life gets too hard to stand, kneel."
"Sometimes God calms the storm; sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms his child."
Sometimes I lose sight of things that are most important in life. I am a big believer in when things start to get really difficult, God is trying to send you a message. Not that I was doing anything wrong, but I wasn't doing what is most important in life. Even though things are so hard right now, I feel so much love from my Father in Heaven. I have been SO blessed beyond belief. I have had so many neat spiritual experiences that I cannot even put into words. My heart is so full today, and I really felt like I needed to share some things.
I have a lot of friends and family members that are going through hard times. Everything from divorces, sickness, unemployment, school, etc. First thing you should know about me is I love my family and friends so much. What amazes me is how strong some of these family members and friends are. Trials they have faced that I know I wouldn't ever be able to handle. I can't compare my trials to anyone else's, and no one can compare their trials to my own. There is only one person that can truly understand what we are going through, and I know He loves each and everyone one of us.
I was organizing my billions of pictures on my computer the other day, and I came across some really old photos I had transferred onto my computer forever ago. The three white dresses poem entered my head when I saw my blessing picture, baptism, and wedding. I can't tell you how amazing it feels to see all 3 of these pictures in a row.
My baby blessing, I can't even imagine how much love and emotion my parents had as they held me in their arms for the first time. I feel so blessed to have a dad who is a strong and worthy priesthood holder and was able to bless me on that special day. I can only imagine what it is going to be like when I see my cute husband hold our baby in a circle and give them a name and blessing.
My baptism day. You don't even know how excited I was! I was even more excited when my Aunt Joan was able to attend my baptism {she lives in Wyoming} and even though she doesn't attend church, she made that day extra special for me. I read my journal entry for my baptism day a couple months ago, and it was so amazing to read! I wrote about my aunt showing up, how my great grandpa was able to confirm me, and how my dad baptized me. Little things like that really do make a big impact on peoples lives. Even though I was only 8 years old, I am so grateful for the people that came and supported me on that special day.
My last white dress... I still remember walking into the temple and just being so overwhelmed with the spirit. Being with my mom in the bridal room was a moment I will cherish forever. I remember it so well and I am so grateful I found the man of my dreams! I am grateful I was worthy enough to go to the temple and be sealed to my sweet husband.
What is most important in life? This is something I have known all my life, but I have drifted a way from knowing what is most important. So I am grateful for these trials that keep me on track. I'm grateful for trials that force me to pray harder than I ever have before. Family and the Gospel is most important. Some may disagree, others may agree. This is the side I choose, my Heavenly Fathers side. The world wants everyone to focus on money, possessions, things. You can't take those things with you in the next life. What I want is my family and a strong testimony of the things I think are most important. We focus so much on careers and jobs that make tons of money. We focus on buying the next big thing or buying the nicest house or car. We focus on looking better than the other person. But if we focus on those worldly things, we will miss out on all the beautiful things in life. Because those things aren't important at the end of the day. It's the love you have for your friends and family and the testimony you can take with you in the next life.
Now is the time to choose a side. I am not afraid to stand up for what I believe in, and I will continue to stand up for what I believe in. It's the only thing that can truly bring you happiness. So even when things seem really tough, those are the times that I feel like you learn the most from your Heavenly Father. I'm not ashamed of my religion, and I've had my fair share of "missionary" moments where I've had to stand up for what I know is right. I love this gospel, and I am so grateful to have my 3 white dresses. I hope I have some little girls one day so that I can see their eyes light up as they are blessed, baptized, and married in the temple.
Thank you to all my cute friends and family that have taken the time to text or even email me a simple hello or to ask how I am doing! I miss all my friends that are scattered all over the place, so it means the world to me to hear from you guys. :) I'm praying for all of you that are struggling right now, I know how hard things can be. I hope you all have an amazing day! And yes this was a pretty deep blog post, but one I felt like I needed to share.
Love, Brielle




You are so cute, Brielle. I love reading your blog, because there is always something neat in them. Now that I am being blessed with my little girl, I can't wait to see her in her three white dresses, and have her one day talk about how grateful she is for them. You are a remarkable young woman. Keep holding on, the storm is not so strong it will blow you away. <3 Big hug.
ReplyDelete